Technology Support Specialist (London)
About the Group
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, provides expertise and infrastructure support to fund managers, investors and other specialists in the asset management industries. The firm’s services include law, fund management solutions (including IR & marketing services), international administration, investment advisory, and data & analytics.
This comprehensive range of capabilities, coupled with MJ Hudson’s ability to draw on many industry perspectives, allows the firm to build project teams that are extremely effective at helping clients achieve multiple goals. From its offices across Europe’s major asset management centres and North America, MJ Hudson’s team of more than 165 professionals works for clients managing and advising more than $1trn of assets. The firm has expertise in all traditional and alternative asset classes, including equities and bonds, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, Milan, Luxembourg, Canada and USA and has 5 operating divisions:
- Law – Specialist legal services for alternative asset management, focused on M&A and investment funds.
- Investment Advisory – Investment advice and research for institutional investors, wealth managers and family offices.
- Fund Management Solutions – A multi-funds platform providing support and regulatory cover to asset managers and advisers, as well as integrated investor reporting, marketing and investor relations services.
- International Administration – A Channel Islands, London and Luxembourg-based fund and corporate administration and fiduciary team.
- Data & Analytics – Benchmarking and ratings services, consulting, market research, and specialist workflow tools for fund managers and investors.
About the Role
We are looking for a full time Technology Support specialist to join our in-house Technology Group and to provide a range of support functions to the business, this includes (but is not limited to):
- Enabling users to access the applications and systems via a company laptop and/or virtual desktop infrastructure
- Building and distributing hardware and installing software
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and connectivity issues
- Setting up and configuring Group Policies
- Evaluating systems and applications and assisting with implementation
- Ensuring availability of all in-house systems and applications
- Providing out of hours support as part of an ‘on-call’ rota
Supported systems include (but not limited to):
- Windows 10 physical and virtual desktop and mobile devices.
- Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Office 365 Application Suite, incl. Exchange Online, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams Administration.
- Mimecast Email Security and Archiving.
- Windows Server Administration, i.e. Active Directories, Group Policy Management, WSUS,
- VMWare Virtual Environment.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Cisco Technologies, i.e. Cisco Umbrella, AnyConnect VPN, Cisco Meraki.
- Sophos Cloud Endpoint/Server Protection.
- In-house applications: Microsoft Dynamics 365, Intapp Process Management.
It is also a responsibility of this role to maintain up to date knowledge and operational documentation of all internal IT and associated systems as defined, and to effectively action the regular operational tasks and functions on all systems as defined by IT management and in accordance with current internal service level agreements.
Experience and Skills Required
- 3+ years in a senior technical support role (preferably in the Finance Sector)
- Proven incident and problem management background.
- Very good understanding of all computer hardware (laptops/desktops/servers).
- Very good understanding of Windows Operating systems (desktop and server) and MS Office Application Suite.
- Experience with large systems implementations, such as OS upgrades and new hardware/software rollouts
- Has a can-do attitude, proactive and self-motivated.#
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with team focus
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
- Aware of self and impact on others, responsive to constructive feedback.
- Picks up on situational cues and adjusts appropriately.
- ITIL Service Management Certification
- A+/N+ Certification
- Good knowledge of Citrix Infrastructure
- Good knowledge of latest versions of VMWare (6.1+)
- Familiar with building and installing Windows Servers