Systems Developer (Front-End)
About the Group
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, provides expertise and infrastructure support to fund managers, investors and other specialists in the asset management industries. The firm’s services include law, fund management solutions (including IR & marketing services), international administration, investment advisory, and data & analytics.
This comprehensive range of capabilities, coupled with MJ Hudson’s ability to draw on many industry perspectives, allows the firm to build project teams that are extremely effective at helping clients achieve multiple goals. From its offices across Europe’s major asset management centres and North America, MJ Hudson’s team of more than 165 professionals works for clients managing and advising more than $1trn of assets. The firm has expertise in all traditional and alternative asset classes, including equities and bonds, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, Milan, Luxembourg, Canada and USA and has 5 operating divisions:
- Law – Specialist legal services for alternative asset management, focused on M&A and investment funds.
- Investment Advisory – Investment advice and research for institutional investors, wealth managers and family offices.
- Fund Management Solutions – A multi-funds platform providing support and regulatory cover to asset managers and advisers, as well as integrated investor reporting, marketing and investor relations services.
- International Administration – A Channel Islands, London and Luxembourg-based fund and corporate administration and fiduciary team.
- Data & Analytics – Benchmarking and ratings services, consulting, market research, and specialist workflow tools for fund managers and investors.
About the role
A Systems Developer is needed to work closely with the Head of Systems Development and help build the new front-end systems that our clients require. This role will be also be instrumental in integration work with our website and could potentially be responsible for building an MJH intranet, which would be a fantastic new service for MJH staff.
These systems are becoming increasingly high profile and will need consistent maintenance, improvement and updating as we mature our Technology services.
- Process and workflow building in line with new and existing business processes within Intapp
- Active involvement in the design and development of online portals and products
- Develop and maintain SharePoint Intranet site as well as corporate Website
- Work collaboratively with our in-house Development and Business Analyst teams, as well as external development partners
- Help foster an agile engineering culture
- Adopt good engineering patterns and practices
- Collaborate with product managers and internal stakeholders to define requirements and plans
- Compile and maintain good quality documentation
- Technical due diligence of third-party integrations
- Provide developer support to in-house Technology Support team
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technology
- 3+ years
- Proven experience using a modern front-end framework
- Working knowledge of state management libraries
- Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Experience with front-end build systems
- Working knowledge of package managers
- A good understanding of using and building RESTful APIs.
- Good knowledge of PHP
- Working experience in Microsoft development technologies, i.e. SQL, .NET Framework
- Experience of C# development.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Good knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Good understanding of SharePoint
Desired, but not essential
- Experience of C# development
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience with source control
- An understanding of how to build accessible web applications
- An eye for design and knowledge of design tools and principles
- Experience using SQL