Fund Accountant Administrator
About the Group
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, provides expertise and infrastructure support to fund managers, investors and other specialists in the asset management industries. The firm’s services include law, fund management solutions (including IR & marketing services), international administration, investment advisory, and data & analytics.
This comprehensive range of capabilities, coupled with MJ Hudson’s ability to draw on many industry perspectives, allows the firm to build project teams that are extremely effective at helping clients achieve multiple goals. From its offices across Europe’s major asset management centres and North America, MJ Hudson’s team of more than 150 professionals works for clients managing and advising more than $1Trn of assets. The firm has expertise in all traditional and alternative asset classes, including equities and bonds, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Amsterdam Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, Milan, Luxembourg, Canada and USA and has 5 operating divisions:
- Law – Specialist legal services for alternative asset management, focused on M&A and investment funds.
- Investment Advisory – Investment advice and research for institutional investors, wealth managers and family offices.
- Fund Management Solutions – A multi-funds platform providing support and regulatory cover to asset managers and advisers, as well as integrated investor reporting, marketing and investor relations services.
- International Administration – A Channel Islands, London and Luxembourg-based fund and corporate administration and fiduciary team.
- Data & Analytics – Benchmarking and ratings services, consulting, market research, and specialist workflow tools for fund managers and investors.
We are looking for an experienced and hands on fund accountant/administrator with 2 – 4 years’ experience in a fund administration or alternative investments business environment. The individual will have a strong understanding of closed ended and open-ended fund structures (i.e.: private equity, real estate or debt). Knowledge of onshore and offshore fund structures would be a distinct advantage.
You would be responsible for a growing portfolio of alternative investment funds, acting as the contact point for clients with regards to fund accounting and administration.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly fund NAVs
- Reporting and transaction responsibility for fund vehicles and other investment vehicles
- Fund cashflow forecasting
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors
- Assist with ad hoc management reporting
- Assist with the review of cashflow and production of forecasts
- Contribute towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations
- Prepare drawdown and distribution calculation spreadsheets
- Prepare equalisation calculations
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT reporting for the various companies
- Produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Prepare interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit
Experience and skillset
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm
- Reasonable knowledge of UK, Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS
- Good understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable to UK and Luxembourg funds and SPVs
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Approach issues with a “can do attitude”, driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small but rapidly expanding company environment with focused and motivated individuals
- Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a Finance or Accounting discipline
- ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent