About the role
The main focus of the role will be to provide Compliance Services to MJ Hudson International Administration in Guernsey. The principle element for the successful candidate will be on the Fund Administration side of the business although, and particularly initially, it will also cover aspects of the Fiduciary side working with colleagues in Jersey and London.
The group current outsources this function but due to growth and the anticipated further growth of the business, there is need to bring this in house.
It is anticipated the successful candidate will act as MLRO / MLCO to MJ Hudson Fund Management Guernsey Limited.
About the successful candidate
This requires an individual with a good understanding of the regulatory requirements stipulated within the Handbook on Countering Financial Crime and Terrorist Financing. The candidate should be self-motivated, organised, and diligent and able to take ownership of various tasks.
The candidate will be an integral part of the business across the Channel Islands. They should be driven and able to think outside the box when it comes to servicing clients and developing operational procedures that work for the wider MJ Hudson Group. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, be approachable and able to work to multiple deadlines.
About the group
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, provides expertise and infrastructure support to fund managers, investors and other specialists in the asset management industries. The firm’s services include law, fund management solutions (including IR & marketing services), international administration, investment advisory, and data & analytics.
This comprehensive range of capabilities, coupled with MJ Hudson’s ability to draw on many industry perspectives, allows the firm to build project teams that are extremely effective at helping clients achieve multiple goals. From its offices across Europe’s major asset management centres and North America, MJ Hudson’s team of more than 165 professionals work for clients managing and advising more than $1trn of assets. The firm has expertise in all traditional and alternative asset classes, including equities and bonds, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, Milan, Luxembourg, Canada and USA and has 5 operating divisions:
• Law – Specialist legal services for alternative asset management, focused on M&A and investment funds.
• Investment Advisory – Investment advice and research for institutional investors, wealth managers and family offices.
• Fund Management Solutions – A multi-funds platform providing support and regulatory cover to asset managers and advisers, as well as integrated investor reporting, marketing and investor relations services.
• International Administration – A Channel Islands, London and Luxembourg-based fund and corporate administration and fiduciary team.
• Data & Analytics – Benchmarking and ratings services, consulting, market research, and specialist workflow tools for fund managers and investors
• To work together with the Boards in Guernsey and Jersey and system specialists to ensure the companies have a robust and efficient compliance program.
• To work with MJ Hudson Group compliance staff and staff involved win AML/onboarding to provide efficient / effective policies and procedures.
Duties with effect from completion of the Migration Project
• To review existing procedures across both islands with a view to co-ordinating and creating a common approach.
• To monitor the effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls through the compliance monitoring programme.
• To monitor completion of the periodic reviews by the administration teams and assisting with any due diligence queries as may be required.
• To assist in identifying the due diligence requirements when onboarding new customers and where trigger events have occurred, ensuring compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Mandatory key attributes
• Enthusiastic, approachable and hardworking with a positive and helpful “can do” attitude;
• Self-motivated, organised and able to juggle multiple tasks;
• Able to use initiative when working alone or as a member of a team;
• Previous experience and knowledge of the Guernsey Handbook requirements.
• Polite and professional and able to work to deadlines.
• Good attention to detail.
• Confident to challenge and suggest improvements to current processes and controls.
Preferred attributes (not essential)
• Knowledge of the Viewpoint system;
• Certificate level qualified for KYC / CDD;
• Knowledge of general administration procedures;
• Advanced knowledge of excel.
Please complete the following form and upload a CV and covering letter to apply for this position.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.