Business Development Analyst
About the Group
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, provides expertise and infrastructure support to fund managers, investors and other specialists in the asset management industries. The firm’s services include law, fund management solutions (including IR & marketing services), international administration, investment advisory, and data & analytics.
This comprehensive range of capabilities, coupled with MJ Hudson’s ability to draw on many industry perspectives, allows the firm to build project teams that are extremely effective at helping clients achieve multiple goals. From its offices across Europe’s major asset management centres and North America, MJ Hudson’s team of more than 150 professionals works for clients managing and advising more than $1Trn of assets. The firm has expertise in all traditional and alternative asset classes, including equities and bonds, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Amsterdam Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, Milan, Luxembourg, Canada and USA and has 5 operating divisions:
- Law – Specialist legal services for alternative asset management, focused on M&A and investment funds.
- Investment Advisory – Investment advice and research for institutional investors, wealth managers and family offices.
- Fund Management Solutions – A multi-funds platform providing support and regulatory cover to asset managers and advisers, as well as integrated investor reporting, marketing and investor relations services.
- International Administration – A Channel Islands, London and Luxembourg-based fund and corporate administration and fiduciary team.
- Data & Analytics – Benchmarking and ratings services, consulting, market research, and specialist workflow tools for fund managers and investors.
About the role
The business development analyst will be a core member of MJ Hudson’s central sales and business development team and will assist with a variety of campaigns and new business origination activities across MJ Hudson’s service lines.
Assist in generating leads
- Representing the Company at our own and at 3rd party events (in business development, NOT administration or event management capacity)
- Following up on marketing activities (e.g. mailshots, email etc.)
- Organise, staff and participate in marketing event in EMEA
- Following up on inbound enquiries to the business, set up processes to efficiently handle these and escalate to the relevant service line.
Managing the sales funnel
- Setting up and attending meetings
- Managing the business development pipeline and progressing prospects through the funnel until they become customers
- Recording notes in client meetings and storing these in the CRM
- Ensuring our CRM system is up to date
- Preparation of proposals, RFPs, engagement letters etc. in a timely manner
- Assist in closing sales and generating win/loss reports.
Ensuring customer success
- Professionally managing client relationships and liaising with customers in an account management role to ensure they are satisfied with the service they have received
- Following up post-project to elicit feedback (both through our feedback forms and less formally), as well as securing testimonials and assisting with writing case studies.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience within financial services – sales and business development
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changing deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and work independently, taking ownership
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Interest in alternative investments
- Drive, energy and ambition to achieve results in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability & willingness to travel outside of the United Kingdom for business
- Background in alternative investments, especially private markets (private equity, private credit, infrastructure…)
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Microsoft Dynamics
- Networking capabilities, both electronically and face to face
- IMC (desirable but not essential)
Candidates must have a strong academic profile, together with a track record of achievement.
Role is located in the UK. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.