Thomas was the former conducting officer for portfolio management, finance and information technology for MJ Hudson in Luxembourg. He is a recognised expert in the development of investment strategies, portfolio management, cash-flow forecasting and asset allocation models for private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
Prior to joining MJ Hudson, Thomas was responsible for the creation of the European Investment Fund’s (EIF) risk management function. Whilst at EIF, he took a secondment to Invest Europe (then “EVCA: The European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association”), where he was a Director of the Limited Partner platform and was Director of the EVCA institute. He has also served as CFO of Allianz Asia Pacific, as a Shimomura Fellow at Development Bank of Japan and as an intelligence officer in the German Air Force.
- MBA (London Business School)
- MA in Japanese Language and Society (University of Sheffield, School of East Asian Studies)
- Holder of Financial Times Non-Executive Director Diploma
- Studied computer science at the Bundeswehr Universität in Munich and holds a Dr.rer.nat. from the University of Trier
Thomas was the secretary of the EVCA (now Invest Europe) Private Equity Risk Measurement Group and co-directed the limited partner course delivered by the Private Equity Institute at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, that led to the EVCA awarded CIPEI.
Publications & Speaking
Press and Publications
- Thomas Meyer (2014): “Private Equity Unchained – Strategic Insights for the Institutional Investor”, Palgrave Macmillan, Houndsmill, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Peter Cornelius, Christian Diller, Didier Guennoc & Thomas Meyer (2013): “Mastering Illiquidity – Risk Management for Portfolios of Limited Partnership Funds”, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester
- Pierre-Yves Mathonet & Thomas Meyer: (2007): “J-Curve Exposure – Managing a Portfolio of Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds”, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester
- Thomas Meyer & Pierre-Yves Mathonet (2005): “Beyond the J-Curve – Managing a Portfolio of Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds”, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (Chinese translation by Economic Science Press in 2008, Japanese translation by Kinzai in 2013)
Speaking and Industry Engagements
- Co-directing the annual Oxford Symposium on Risk Management in Private Equity.
- Member of private equity sub-committee, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association (CAIA©)
- Shimomura Fellow of the Development Bank of Japan and a visiting researcher at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo
In his spare time, Thomas enjoys history and long-distance walking.