Ted is an investment funds lawyer with particular experience in secondary transactions, investor representation, co-investments and formations. Clients include Montana Capital Partners, Capital Dynamics, Altamar Capital Partners, StepStone, Multiplicity Partners, Newbury Partners and North Sea Capital as well as a number of single and multi family offices.
Prior to MJ Hudson, Ted worked in the market leading international funds group at King & Wood Mallesons (formerly SJ Berwin) and as in house counsel at Capital Dynamics.
Education and Qualifications
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
- The College of Law – Commendation, GDL and LPC
- University of Exeter – 1st, Politics.
- Advising a Swiss Family Office on the disposal of a portfolio of 20 private equity fund investments
- Advising Multiplicity Partners on the establishment of LTO Fund II LP
- Advising Gulf Investment Corporation on the disposal of a portfolio of 40 private equity fund interests to a global secondaries fund
- Advising Access Capital Partners, Altamar Capital Partners and Idinvest on their investments into the restructuring of two private equity funds managed by Danish buyout firm Odin Equity Partners (now BWB Partners)
- Advising Montana Capital Partners on the structuring and transactional elements of its complex acquisition of a portfolio of private fund interests from a European Bank
- Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
- pfm ’30 Under 40′ 2017
- Ted is a regular commentator on private equity industry-related issues
In his free time, Ted is a keen cyclist and skier.