Robert joined MJ Hudson in September 2018 as a Trainee Solicitor.
- Experience in establishing hedge funds involving traditional long/short strategies, as well as innovative systematic trading strategies.
- Assisted investment advisers/managers implement their investment policy by project managing fund formation from the initial meeting to the launch.
- Additional experience assisting fund clients with drafting a variety of bespoke fund and transactional documents, corporate governance and Anti-Money Laundering issues.
- Primarily worked with UK, US and Cayman Islands based fund establishments, though do have experience of working with other jurisdictions such as the Channel Islands.
- Focused on the buy side of M&A transactions as well as general corporate and commercial advisory matters.
- Part of the legal team project managing the corporate side of the Phenna Group management buyout from Academy Association Inc., supported by a debt placement by CVC Credit Partners.
- Subsequently, assisted Phenna Group with two further acquisitions, growing their portfolio.
- University of Glasgow – Scots Law Degree: 2.1
- University of Aberdeen – MSc in Oil and Gas Enterprise Management: Distinction (Robert was awarded a prize from the University of Aberdeen for coming top of his year)
- University of Law – LPC LLM: Distinction
Robert is an avid football fan and enjoys skiing holidays, especially the delights of après-ski. He is a keen traveller, having spent seven months exploring South America and South East Asia. Robert likes to lead a healthy life (or pretends he does) and is always motivated to learn something new.