Nikhil advises across a broad range of private equity transactions, including the formation, structuring and operation of UK and international investment funds, secondary acquisitions and disposals (both direct and indirect), primary investments, co-investments, and GP / fund re-structurings. Nikhil also advises across a variety of domestic and international M&A and debt financing matters.
Nikhil trained and qualified at the firm. After joining MJ Hudson’s London practice in 2013, Nikhil spent a year working at MJ Hudson Jersey on a broad range of cross-border matters involving both Jersey and English law, including regulatory work, fund formation and structuring mandates, IPOs, financing matters, redomiciliations, and general corporate transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Nikhil worked for Novartis in Switzerland.
Education and Qualifications
- Law, London School of Economics
- LPC, BPP Law School, London
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
- Advising Unigestion SA on its co-investment in connection with the acquisition of TeamSport Karting, a UK go-karting operator, with Duke Street as the lead investor
- The establishment of Backed VC, a London-based, closed-ended venture capital fund targeting seed stage investments primarily across Europe
- Advising the owners of LED Hut, a leading European provider of LED lighting products, on its sale to Roark Capital
- Advising Maven Capital Partners on the establishment and final closing of its debut institutional buyout fund, Maven UK Regional Buyout Fund, which secured total commitments (including co-investment vehicles) of £100 million and is targeting management buyout opportunities in UK companies
- Advising Evoco, a Swiss private equity investment manager, on the establishment of a new fund structure and the simultaneous secondary direct acquisition by that fund of a portfolio of six assets from another fund
- The establishment of Augusta Ventures, one of the UK’s leading providers of litigation funding
- Advising Montana Capital Partners on the acquisition of a portfolio of European and U.S. private equity fund interests
- The launch of Brook Bay Secondaries Fund II LP, Brook Bay Capital’s second closed-ended fund targeting investments in illiquid hedge fund positions
- Advising Mantra Investment Partners on the acquisition of a portfolio of European fund interests
Outside of work, Nikhil loves music, enjoys racquet sports (although his skills in any of them are, admittedly, in need of improvement), and is a keen cook. He also has a particular weakness for fast (and often unnecessarily loud) cars.
Publications & Speaking
Press and Publications
Nikhil co-authored the MJ Hudson LP Unit guide “Private Equity Co-investments: The Manual” .