Megan is an investment funds lawyer with particular experience in secondary transactions, co-investments, fund formation and LP representation. Megan is a qualified solicitor in England & Wales, having trained and qualified at MJ Hudson.
- Fund Managers – Private Equity, Venture Capital and Private Debt
- Institutional Investors & Advisers
- Family Offices & Private Wealth
Education and Qualifications
- Megan graduated with a first class honours in Law from Exeter University
- Completed the LPC at College of Law, Guildford
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
- Advising a global private assets manager on its US$150m portfolio sale of LP interests.
- Advising the asset management division of a Nordic financial services group on the disposal of a large portfolio of private equity fund interests.
- Advising a European co-investment fund on its investment into an aircraft leasing business, alongside a UK buyout firm.
- Advising a leading secondaries fund on more than 25 buy side transactions, including single fund interest and large portfolio transactions, late-stage primaries, leveraged acquisitions and stapled secondaries.
- Advising family offices and fund of funds on various fund investments, including into funds managed by Strategic Partners, Summit Partners, Ares, Kitty Hawk, Mid Europa and Waterland.
- Advising on the winding-up and liquidation of various private equity and venture capital fund of funds.
- Advising a global alternative assets manager on its co-investment into the take-private of an American regional chain of fast food restaurants alongside a US consumer focused investment firm and a US mid-market private equity firm.
- Advising on the disposal by Gulf Investment Corporation of a portfolio of private equity fund interests to Deutsche Bank’s dedicated secondaries fund.
- Advising a Swiss family office on the disposal of a €200m portfolio of private equity fund interests to a global secondaries fund.
- Advising a global fund of funds manager on the disposal of a portfolio of 65 fund interests across five selling vehicles to a leading European secondaries fund. The portfolio consisted of US and European private equity buy out and venture funds.
- Advising Montana Capital Partners on the structuring and transactional elements of its complex acquisition of a portfolio of private fund interests from a European Bank.
- Advising on the formation of a social impact fund in Sub-Saharan Africa including the negotiation of material fund documentation.
Megan co-authored MJ Hudson’s Catalogue of the Secondaries Market.
Co-Investment: Eight-Point Health Check for Investors (Private Equity News)
Megan’s hobbies include photography, tennis and playing the piano.