Jacob is an associate at MJ Hudson who advises on private equity and venture capital fund formation mandates across various investment strategies. Jacob also advises on secondaries transactions on both buy and sell mandates. Whilst working at MJ Hudson, he also advised on multiple private equity transactions during his time with the M&A team.
Jacob qualified as a solicitor in early 2019 having joined MJ Hudson in 2016 as a paralegal and following a secondment to the MJ Hudson Investment Advisory team.
- Jacob completed his LPC MSC at the University of Law Moorgate Campus in 2016
- LLB at Sheffield Hallam University
- Advising in relation to the establishment of a close ended UK based fund making investments in the European media sector
- Advising in relation to the establishment of a Cayman private equity fund.
- Advising Maven Capital Partners on the raising a regional buyout fund to make investments in buyout opportunities in specialist sectors across the UK.
- Advising HM UK Government on a manager selection process and fund investment relating to an infrastructure fund (2017 – )
- Advising Kindred Capital in relation to its first venture capital fund, a Luxembourg-based fund with total commitments of £80m
- Advising Calibrate Management Limited on several pre-Series A preferred equity investments within the technology sector
- Advising a number of founders, investors and corporates in relation to a wide variety of VC transactions.
Most of Jacob’s education took place in Switzerland, where he picked (and continues) up snowboarding. Jacob also loves to read and is making feeble attempts at learning Swedish.