Harriet joined MJ Hudson’s venture capital team in January 2019, and advises founders, funds and investors on all aspects of VC transactions and corporate scaling up.
Harriet has extensive experience advising both management teams and institutional investors in global growth capital transactions, having worked in multiple jurisdictions across Europe, Asia and the Americas. With a background in litigation and restructuring, Harriet specialises in contentious situations and the management of corporate relationships. Prior to MJ Hudson, Harriet worked at international law firms, Hogan Lovells and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, and as Director of Legal & Investments for a Hong Kong based private equity firm.
Education and Qualifications
- MA (Oxon) University of Oxford; MS University of Columbia in the State of New York; Higher Rights of Audience in the Courts of England & Wales (Solicitor Advocate)
- Advising a number of founders, investors and corporates in relation to various VC transactions, including seed and Series A funding rounds.
- Overseeing the management restructuring of the $1billion Trophy Property Development Fund, and the external restructuring of its assets across China.
- Corporate legal counsel to Ocado Group PLC.
- Advising Venator Real Estate Capital Partners (now Apollo Global Management) in relation to multiple private equity investments and transactions across Asia.
- Advising the New York hedge fund Investcorp regarding civil litigation proceedings in the Cayman Islands, with a specialist focus on the application of leveraged finance.
- Advising UBS with regards to its internal investigations into LIBOR price-fixing allegations.
- Advised the founders of The Dream Corporation in a £1.1million Series A funding round with Imbiba
Harriet is an Emmy-nominated documentary filmmaker and photographer, most recently working for HBO in New York.