Harriet joined MJ Hudson’s venture capital team in January 2019, and advises founders, funds and investors on all aspects of VC transactions and corporate scaling up.
Harriet has extensive experience advising both management teams and institutional investors in global growth capital transactions. Prior to MJ Hudson, Harriet worked at international law firms, Hogan Lovells and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, and as Director of Legal & Investments for a China-focused private equity firm. She was previously based in Hong Kong, New York and the Cayman Islands. A champion for boosting diversity in the VC industry, Harriet acts as a mentor for female tech entrepreneurs in conjunction with UN Women and Impulse4Women.
Education and Qualifications
- MA (Oxon) University of Oxford, Pembroke College;
- MS University of Columbia in the State of New York;
- MA University of the Arts, London;
- Higher Rights of Audience in the Courts of England & Wales (Solicitor Advocate).
- Advising Connect Ventures on multiple early stage seed and Series A equity financing rounds throughout Europe.
- Acting for Illuminate Financial, a prominent UK-based, fintech focused, VC fund, to facilitate multiple Series A, convertible and follow-on investments within the UK.
- Representing a minority shareholder in its secondary acquisition of a stake in the plant-based unicorn, Impossible Foods.
- Supporting a number of high growth early stage businesses as an ‘outsourced General Counsel’, advising on disputes, employment, corporate and commercial related matters.
- Corporate legal counsel to Ocado Group PLC.
- Overseeing the management restructuring of the $1billion Trophy Property Development Fund, and the external restructuring of its assets across China.
- Advising the New York hedge fund Investcorp regarding civil litigation proceedings in the Cayman Islands, with a specialist focus on the application of leveraged finance.
Harriet is an Emmy-nominated documentary filmmaker and photographer, most recently working for HBO in New York.